Rules and Guidelines
Discussion Board Rules, Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of The MHPG community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using the MHPG Discussion Board, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions, shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. The Discussion Board is intended as a forum for MHPG members to interact about topics of interest, to seek career advice, to pose practice questions, and to collaborate. Questions should be directed to the ASRM membership department by calling (205) 978-5000 or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules.
Discussion Board Rules
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don't post commercial messages on the Discussion Board, or other area where members might see it. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Physicians or health care professionals, whether or not they are ASRM members, accessing or using the website of ASRM or that of any of its affiliated groups and particularly the Discussion Board should not disclose any patient identifiable information that would allow other visitors (ASRM members and/or non-members) to determine the identity of a particular client/patient. When discussing a patient's particular condition, visitors should not reveal a patient's name, address or any other information that would directly or indirectly identify a particular patient. All messages must add to the body of knowledge. ASRM reserves the right to remove any message for any reason.
Discussion Board Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation and location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information and put your response before the original posting.
- Only post a message to the Discussion Board when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me too" to individuals--not to the entire Discussion Board. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list”. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says, "Long Message."
Posting to the Discussion Board - Special Situations
We invite you to share on the Discussion Board those educational events (lectures, talks, seminars, courses) you feel might be of interest to your colleagues. In order to encourage members to share events in which you or your organization might be participating without appearing to be self-promoting, we ask that you follow the procedure below:
- Write a brief description of the event you would like to share with the community.
- Attach relevant materials in the form of a PDF.
- Send description and materials to the e-Communications Committee Chair for review.
- Pending review, the e-Communications Chair will post the announcement to the Discussion Board.
In compliance with ASRM’s guidelines for event posting, only events sponsored by nonprofit (501(c)(3)) organizations and/or academic institutions that do not take place within a 45-day window of the ASRM Scientific Congress & Expo will be accepted and posted to the Discussion Board.
For-profit and non-academic institutions interested in promoting their event may purchase an ad with Fertility & Sterility or mailing labels from ASRM (email@example.com) to reach a set of members that they choose.
- Recruitment for Research
We want to support research efforts as much as possible. Research is obviously important to the work we do. While you may not directly recruit research participants via the Discussion Board, you may share general information about studies currently recruiting subjects. We ask that you follow the guidelines below before posting.
- Write a brief description of the research you would like to share with the community.
- Do not include any attachments, fliers or handouts, or any materials that could be considered recruitment.
- Request that members backchannel you for more specific information.
- Special Situations
- Job postings, even those specific to our field, are not allowed to be posted to the MHPG Discussion Board. They must be submitted to the ASRM career center.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM). ASRM is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by ASRM or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall ASRM be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants ASRM and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
ASRM does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any potentially inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of ASRM we will take all appropriate action.
ASRM reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
We respect your privacy.
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site
Our Service Providers.
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use the Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition, other internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page.