Dear ARM Members:
I am honored to serve as your ARM Chair this year! It was great to see many of you at ASRM in Baltimore. As we all emerge from a very challenging time, our focus is to regroup and move forward. Our goal this year is to reset by getting back to the basics and creating a structured foundation, allowing us the opportunity to reconnect and collaborate – both within ARM and with other professional groups.
We need and encourage your feedback to allow us to continue to serve our professional communities and our patients. Please share your thoughts and ideas through the various channels that are available and reach out if you would like to get involved! We have an exciting program lined up and are looking forward to growing the support and resources for all members. Here is what we have to look forward to:
ARM National Meeting: The first in-person joint meeting of the ASRM Association for Reproductive Managers and the ASRM Nurses’ Professional Group will be held March 10 – 12, 2022, at the Embassy Suites at Centennial Olympic Park in Atlanta, GA. An evolution of the ARM National Meeting, the new and expanded meeting format will include both separate tracks for managers and nurses and joint sessions for everyone, including lab, counseling, legal and genetics professionals. The conference will also include opportunities for networking.
ASRM Scientific Congress & Expo: Scheduled in Anaheim, CA, October 22-26, 2022. We have submitted for a Postgraduate/Pre-Congress full-day course on "Leading the Way - Modernizing REI Practice Management for the Future”, addition to three symposiums, one interactive session and some great round table discussions on a wide variety of topics. We hope to hear back from the program planning committee soon regarding accepted submissions.
Virtual Networking Events: Our continued efforts to stay connected will include several virtual networking events that are created to foster networking, mentorship, and ways for members to learn from each other throughout the year. Keep an eye out for our SAVE THE DATE emails and make sure to register.
Online Forum: Our online forum, also known as our Discussion Board, will continue to serve as a hub for online communications among our members. This is a great place to ask questions, share information and network. Make sure you are set up to receive notices when information is posted!
Special Projects: We hope to launch our first salary survey this year for ARM and have begun the conversation with other professional groups for a more collaborative survey in the future.
ARM’s mission is the pursuit of excellence in education and facilitating networking as a means of improving patient care and customer service in the practices we manage. The ARM leadership will attempt to provide valid problem-solving solutions and pertinent, timely and progressive information to our membership. The ARM Leadership 2021- 2022 is as follows:
Executive Committee* & Board of Directors:
- Chair* - Mahshid Albrecht, M.B.A.
- Chair Elect* - Hary Hokianto, M.B.A.
- Vice Chair* - April Yates
- Secretary/Treasurer*- Sharon Peress, M.H.A.
- Immediate Past Chair - Danielle Soltesz, M.B.A., M.P.H.
Advisor to the Board:
- ARM Emeritus Advisor - Colin Thomas, B.S., M.H.A.
ARM Representatives to ASRM Committees:
- SART Representative - Lindsey McBain, B.A. (2021-2024)
- ASRM Membership Committee - Danielle Soltesz, M.B.A., M.P.H. (2021-2024)
- ASRM Scientific Congress Planning Committee - Mahshid Albrecht, M.B.A. (2021-2022)
- ASRM Scientific Congress Planning Committee - Hary Hokianto, B.S. (2022-2023)
ARM Standing Committees Chairs:
- Electronic Communications Committee Chair - Griffin Jones, B.A. (2020-2022)
- Nominating Committee – Executive Committee*
- Bylaws, Policies, & Procedures Committee - Danielle Soltesz, M.B.A., M.P.H. (2021-2022)
- Professional Development Committee- April Yates (2021-2022)
- Membership Committee- Sara Mooney, B.A. (2021-2023)
- Mentorship Committee Chair (ad-hoc) - Lindsey McBain, B.A. (2021-2023)
- Sponsorship Committee (ad-hoc) - Sharon Peress, M.H.A. (2021-2022)
The ARM Coordinator is Megan Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome your assistance and encourage your involvement. Please feel free to contact me with thoughts, concerns, ideas, feedback, or suggestions.