Dear ARM Members:
I am truly humbled and honored at the same time to be stepping into this leadership role to serve as Chair of the ARM Professional Group this year. It was great to see many of you at ASRM in Anaheim and I’m looking forward to seeing you during our many events in 2023.
First, I would like to start by thanking our past and current board members for their dedication to our group. Over the years, ARM has been growing steadily and providing more value to our members as well as ASRM members in general. One example was our partnership with ASRM in developing the Business of Medicine track, which was introduced at the most recent ASRM congress in Anaheim and will continue to become an important part of the ASRM education program.
Personally, I think of ARM as a community of leaders. It is a forum for support, a place where we can learn from each other, as well as an incubator for new and exciting ideas that can help our industry. Practice managers, owners, clinicians, and scientists in the REI field are privileged to be in a position to lead and, as we lead, it is important for us to continuously evaluate and thoughtfully define what success is from a variety of perspectives – business, clinical, scientific – and how these measurements of success could have an impact on the quality of patient care and the industry’s initiative to continue to improve access to anyone who needs treatment. With that in mind, on behalf of the ARM board and committees, I would like to ask and encourage everyone to provide us with your thoughts and ideas that will allow us to grow together! Get involved!
We welcome the opportunity to connect and collaborate–both with ARM members and with all other ASRM Professional Groups. On that note, I am happy to share that our board has been working hard to put together some exciting programs for this year:
- ARM National Meeting: In-person joint meeting of the Association for Reproductive Managers and the ASRM Nurses’ Professional Group will be held on May 5 – 6, 2023, in Denver, CO. An evolution of the ARM National Meeting, the new and expanded meeting format will include both separate tracks for managers and nurses and joint sessions for everyone, including lab, counseling, legal and genetics professionals. The conference will also include opportunities for networking.
- ASRM Scientific Congress & Expo: Scheduled in New Orleans, LA, October 14-18, 2023. Our team has submitted a proposal that included a Postgraduate course, in addition to several symposiums, interactive sessions, and some great round table discussions on a wide variety of topics. We will be hearing back from the program planning committee in the next few months and will update our members.
- Virtual Networking Events: Our continued efforts to stay connected will include several virtual events that are created to foster networking, mentorship, and ways for members to learn from each other throughout the year. Keep an eye out for our SAVE THE DATE emails and be sure to register.
- Online Forum: Our online forum, also known as our Discussion Board, will continue to serve as a hub for online communication among our members. This is a great place to ask questions, share information and network.
- Linkedin: We are working on increasing online engagement with our members and potential new members via Linkedin. If you have not done so, please follow us today!
- Special Projects: The ARM Board and Committees are always looking for additional ways to serve our members. More to come on this. Stay tuned!
The 2022-2023 ARM Leadership is as follows:
Executive Committee* & Board of Directors for 2022-2023:
- Chair - Hary Hokianto, MBA
- Chair Elect - April Rutter
- Vice Chair - Jessica Medvedich, MBA, BSN, NE-BC
- Secretary/Treasurer- Michael Pagliuca, BBA
- Immediate Past Chair - Mahshid Albrecht, MBA
- Past Chair- Danielle Soltesz, MBA, MPH
Advisor to the Board:
- ARM Emeritus Advisor - Colin Thomas, BS, MHA
ARM Representatives to ASRM Committees:
- SART Representative - Lindsey McBain, B.A. (2021-2024)
- ASRM Membership Committee - Danielle Soltesz, MBA, MPH (2021-2024)
- ASRM Scientific Congress Planning Committee - Hary Hokianto, MBA (2022-2023)
ARM Committee Chairs
- Bylaws, Policies, and Procedures Committee: Mahshid Albrecht, MBA
- Electronic Communications Committee: Griffin Jones, BA
- Membership Committee: Sara Mooney, BA
- Mentorship Committee: Lindsey McBain, BA
- Professional Development Committee: Jessica Medvedich, MBA, BSN, NE-BC
- Sponsorship Committee: Colin Thomas, BS, MHA
The ARM Coordinator is Megan Miller, email@example.com.
The ARM Board of Directors meets on a monthly basis to discuss ways we can serve our members. We welcome your assistance and encourage your involvement. Please feel free to contact me or any of our board members with thoughts, concerns, ideas, feedback, or suggestions.